OPITO Basic Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) Training
The target group is personnel that are, or could be, working in an environment that could become contaminated by H2S gas.
The training covers the personal emergency response, characteristics of hydrogen sulphide gas and the potential physiological effects of exposure as well as the use of H2S detection equipment and "escape breathing apparatus" trainings.
is approved by OPITO.
- What is it H2S, how H2S is created/formed.
- Areas where H2S is commonly found
- The properties and characteristics of H2S gas
- The physiological effects of H2S gas and the critical factors which determine the degree of harm to humans
- The occupational/workplace exposure limits (OEL/WEL) of H2S. Common definitions. Measurements.
- The purpose and types of H2S detection equipment. Onsite & personal detection equipment. Pre-use checks & operation.
- Alarm systems and actions to be taken in response to alarms
- The purpose and type of emergency breathing apparatus (EBA, SCBA)
- Pressurised cascade air supply system. Connections / disconnections.
- The role of ER teams in an H2S emergency
- H2S awareness quiz
- Practical exercises
The aims and objectives of the training are to ensure that the delegate gains the required knowledge and understanding of the particular hazards and properties of H2S, and appropriate emergency response actions to take should a H2S related incident arise.
There are no prerequisites required for Basic H2S Training.
The participant must possess a valid, current offshore medical certificate or possess an operator approved medical certificate or undergoes medical screening.
Frequently asked questions - H2S OPITO Training
After completing the course with Lerus, will participants receive an official certification?
What is the main focus of the "Basic Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) Training" offered by Lerus?
Why choose Lerus for "Basic Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) Training"?
Reviews - H2S OPITO Training
- Great service and hotel in the same building.
- Highly recomended
- Beyond expectations
- Amazing as usual
Opito approved basic H2S Training:
The training programme is designed for personnel who need to demonstrate their knowledge and skills in emergency response practices, including donning and operating an EBA which has been donned correctly. It is essential for those who stay and work offshore, where there is a threat to people or assets due to the potential presence of H2S. The course aims to ensure that each delegate gains the required knowledge and understanding necessary for them to respond effectively in an emergency situation involving H2S. The certification obtained upon completing this OPITO training is valid for 2 years, affirming the delegate's ability to handle H2S related emergencies.