Ship Handling in an Offshore Environment Course
To give an understanding of the theory of ship handling and practice it with hands on in the simulator according to the guidelines in the industry.
by Bureau Veritas.
- Basic bridge team management skills
- Introduction to Dynamic Positioning
- Case studies and accident analysis
- Calculation of wind/current, and their influence on the operation
- Safety of personnel, vessels, offshore installations and environment
- Planning of operation
- Risk assessment
- Management of change
- Contingency planning of thruster, rudder, propeller failure
- Contingency operation during thruster, rudder, propeller failure
- Contingency operation in the event of a semi-blackout
- Execute operation connected to a rig during rapid changes in current and wind direction and speed
- Training safe and correct changeover between forward and aft bridge
- Training safe and correct changeover between manual, joystick and dynamic positioning maneuvering mode
The participants, should upon completion of the course, demonstrate conning of the vessel in different operational situations.
Deck officers with more than three years experience in manoeuvring offshore support vessels.
Reviews - Ship Handling in an Offshore Environment Course
- Engaging course
- Rather interesting course