OPITO Helicopter Administrator Training
This Heli Admin Training forms part of a wider industry Helideck Training and Competence Framework including helideck operations initial training, helideck emergency response team member and team leader initial / further training and associated helideck role workplace competence assessment standards.
||5 hours||2-16 prs||English|
This training is for personnel who are to be appointed to the role of Helicopter Administrator (Heli Admin) or Helicopter Administrators who have not been successful in completing a workplace competence assessment.
As a minimum, learners must have completed Dangerous Goods by Air training course in accordance with Part 1, Chapter 1.4 of the ICAO Technical Instructions and sub section 1.5 of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations, Category 7, 8 or 9 or state aviation approved dangerous goods awareness training course.
Training on a personnel tracking system (certificate of confirmation letter).
During the training programme, Learners will be explained and then required to demonstrate their understanding of the following key areas:
- Legislative and Regulatory Requirements
- The Roles and Responsibilities of the Heli Admin
- Helicopter and helideck hazards
- Freight and Dangerous Goods Carriage Preparation
- Dangerous Goods Cargo
- How to perform identification checks
- Passenger Safety / Security Declarations
- Passenger and Baggage Weights
- Check in of passengers onto an inbound flight (offshore transfers and interfield flights) from an offshore location
- Check in Report Times & Communication
- Portable (Personal) Electronic Devices (PEDs)
- Baggage Checks
- Confirming a Passenger on the Flight
- Heli Admin / Check in Declaration
- Post check-in responsibilities
- Pre-departure final check
- Baggage / freight load planning
- On the Helideck
This training aims to equip the learner with the initial knowledge and understanding required to assist the HLO and other helideck team members by providing the administrative support required to efficiently operate the helideck and manage helicopter movements including flight planning and manifesting, hazardous goods, passenger and freight check-in.