Liftboat / SPJUB Manoeuvring Course
The course is structured to enable participants to enhance and update their manual ship handling abilities specifically for Liftboats and Self-Propelled Jack-Up Barges.
Training enables delegates with little or no experience in liftboat manoeuvring to gain appropriate skills using Class-A simulator in various sea state conditions. It may also serve as a refresher course for those who did not manoeuvre SPJUB for a long period of time due to the nature of the projects they were recently involved in.
This is solely practical simulator-based training using three-legged self-propelled jack-up barge model in various weather conditions. Thruster set-up includes three ASD CPP thrusters and one tunnel bow thruster. Delegates will practice ship handling in scenarios designed and delivered by experienced SPJUB Masters which include but not limited to:
- Approach and positioning of SPJUB at the offshore platform;
- Station keeping for a soft pin;
- Approach and station keeping in slack tide and full tide conditions;
- Approach and station keeping in slight and moderate wind conditions with and without current;
- Abandon jacking operation due to equipment failure (simulated).
OOW, Chief Mate or Master License.
Why opt for Lerus for the Liftboat / SPJUB Manoeuvring Course?
How can one register for the Liftboat / SPJUB Manoeuvring Course at Lerus?
What Does the Training in the Liftboat / SPJUB Manoeuvring Course Include?
- Very good training!