Dynamic Positioning (NI DP) Sea Time Reduction
This course is developed to allow the trainee DPO's to reduce the required sea service time of 1 month or 6 weeks, depending on the training scheme (prior January 2015 or after January 2015) by doing one week of intensive simulator training.
||5 days||3 prs||Eng / Ukr|
Course predominantly practical. Any theoretical subjects could be reviewed from any phases of DPO training - upon request from course participants.
The range of exercises includes following operations:
- Saturation and air dive support;
- Sub-sea construction and heavy lift;
- ROV operations;
- OSV operations;
- Cable and pipe laying operations;
- Drilling operations;
- Offshore loading operations;
- Shuttle tanker.
All Exercises conducted on redundant Full Mission Bridge using various type of OSV models. Kongsberg K-Pos 21 (SW 7 and 8) used for the training.
The Sea Time Reduction course should be an opportunity for the trainee to spend extended and intense periods of time on DP station keeping and should challenge the trainee to enhance, consolidate and demonstrate:
- Their knowledge of the DP system and additional equipment and instruments;
- Their situational awareness;
- Their communication and teamwork skills;
- Their ability to analyze trends and pre-empt problems before they arise;
- Their ability to evaluate and respond to alarms, faults and emergencies with calm, reason and confidence;
- Their ability to complete such administrative and safety-related procedures as completing checklists, filling in logs and performing thorough watch handovers.
The objective of the course is to give the trainee DPO's as much practical experience in the shortest possible time by running them through intensive simulator training while being exposed to environmental and technical worst case conditions to increase the individual DP operators skills and knowledge in DP operations.
Successfully completion of Phase C of DPO training scheme.
After completing the course, will I receive a certification from NI?
What is the main focus of this course?
What are the prerequisites for enrolling in this course?
- The best Training Center throughout the world.