Winch Operator Course
Upon completion of the course, the successful student will be able to master winch handling operations on Anchor Handling, Tug and Supply (AHTS) vessels within satisfying safety requirements and the best working practice.
Personnel with some experience in Anchor Handling (AH) operations.
Contents of course
- Case exercises based on real life events
- AH operation planning including Risk Assessment
- Winch handling simulator exercises where typical operations like Wire Spooling, Grappling, Chasing, Preset Systems and Towing are used
- Debriefing sessions covering both the simulator exercise itself and the scenario exercises
- Carrying out operations keeping the importance of the enormous forces involved in mind while conducting the various tasks - or experiencing the consequences of not doing so
According to Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping 2012 (STCW-12), Section B-V/e 8, appropriate simulator training may be used as a supplement in the training of masters, officers and engineers serving on AHTS vessels.
Introduction to Anchor Handling Course
Some degree of AH operation experience
The training is a combination of simulator training, case study, scenario planning and debriefing. The realism will be provided with the state of the art Kongsberg Maritime, and in addition course contents developed by experienced AHTS crew and Kongsberg Maritime personnel.
The course documentation is written in English and the course will be held in English, unless otherwise agreed.
- Wonderful content
- Splendid course
- Outstanding course